There may be no Audax, no pub rides, no club meetings, no OGILs or Sunday groups, but Wheelers can’t do without bikes, beer and banter.
Here’s a list of activities ongoing this month – please send in your updates and ride reports.
- Sunday rides – will take place solo or on tandem (live-in partners only) with members riding short or not-the-long rides within their individual physical, mechanical and navigational capability. Some are sticking to tried and tested routes, while others are searching for paths less trodden. Narrow lanes have become more crowded with walkers and runners, while the main roads have emptied and are sometimes a safer option. The roads are now mercifully free of Sunday lunch returners and the weekday school run and white van man rush hours, so Sunday can now start with a lie in or be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
- OGILs – are now the Lone OGILS or LOGILS. As above, or follow the action on the Whatsapp group.
- VeloVino – Pub rides will not take place on Wednesdays or Thursdays, no argument. Instead, raise a glass and have a natter with other Wheelers from the comfort of your own sofa on Fridays, 6pm. Zoom meeting details in the Forum members’ area.
- Spinning – Indoor cycling has taken a new turn with Kath now the proud owner of a smart trainer, built up from the box with her own hands. The Wattbike Whatsapp group is now Home Training – contact Robin to join and pick up some recommended training plans.
- Pilates – Jan’s class are strengthening their cores on their own floors, with encouragement and new sequences to try on the Whatsapp group.
- Delivery services – Chris continues to serve the community with his prescription delivery services in Falmouth – as noted on Twitter and given a handclap by Chris Boardman.
- April Meeting 30th April – will take place on the website as last month. No interruptions.
- Social connection and communication – on the Falmouth Wheelers Whatsapp group (contact Kath to join), the Facebook page, or just give another member a call.